Joyous TMI Meditation Series in Dogpatch
Tuesdays, July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
Learn how to establish a meditation practice with the foundation of joy. Meditation can be a very enjoyable practice if cultivated with a positive outlook, acceptance of what is present and a focus on intentions rather then goals.
This meditation series is for anyone practicing between Stages 1-4 in the TMI technique. The series will cover the following:
· A brief review of the Four Noble Truths and how they can be experienced in meditation.
· A brief overview of how Buddhism has developed/been influenced in the west and its naturalization with contemporary science.
· A thorough introduction to TMI and its overall 10 Stage model.
· The differences between attention and awareness and how they work together to create an optimal experience.
· Techniques and strategies for Stages 1-4.
· Antidotes for common problems in meditation.
· An introduction to the model of the mind and how it works.
· An introduction to the practice of Metta and walking meditation.
Guided morning online meditations will support your practice during the course of the series.
$150 - no one will be turned away for their inability to pay…talk to me :)
This Workshop will be at the American Industrial Complex in Dogpatch at 2325 3rd St, Floor 2R, unit #22. Ring 00022 to be buzzed in.